About

The SL Developer’s Corner is my place in the virtual world “Second Life”, where i experiment and tinker with the features of this platform. I try to publish my experiences and often also include the source code of the scripts on this site. Other posting related to Second life can be also found on Happy Coding 2nd-life section.

Thursday 5 April 2007

Second Life A.L.I.C.E.-Bot Chat

I played around with the free available A.L.I.C.E.-Chatbots at www.pandorabots.com. They offer a nice XML-interface where you can communicate with your Chatbot (see FAQ).

So i write a little RubyOnRails-controller which is able to send a message to the pandora-bot and which converts the returning xml-data into an SL-compatible string. As usual, we can now use the nice llHTTPRequest-function from LSL to communicate. Thats all, 20 minutes of work. Here is a little demo-video, and the code will follow this week:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool. Looking forward to see the code.

Turkish E.T. said...

hello, very cool blog. is there a chance I can contact you in Second Life or via e-mail?

daniel said...

Sure, you can send an in-world message if you like. My name is "Mbulu Oh".

Anonymous said...

Where can we find the code?